Winter Weather Advisory

Weekend Randomness

>> Sunday, March 11, 2018

While the temperatures won't show it, and they might not for a bit, it's always a sign that spring is coming when the clocks change.  If it was up to me we wouldn't go through this every fall and spring, but I have no say in the matter.  As much as I really love snow I have to give a few cheers for more sunlight in the evening.

Now for some weather talk and other random things from the weekend.

  • Turns out that snow map I was talking about last time for the storm right before we hit 80 degrees was saved to my computer.  At the time I was smart enough to do it knowing full well I'd have trouble finding it again.  Might as well post it now.


  • Very cool map somebody decided to make to show the current snowfall totals across the Northeast.  No doubt these numbers will continue to increase with another coastal storm getting ready to form.  Easy to figure out where the lake effect areas are.  That Erie total is nuts.  If you are keeping track at home the normal snowfall for a year in Allentown is between 32 and 33 inches.  Need to squeeze out a few more to get above and closer to my prediction. 









  • The third coastal storm was thrown out the window by a number of weather prognosticators I follow on various forms of media.  After the last storm I'm not listening to anybody when it comes to these storms.  I'm not sure why I do to begin with.  Well that storm is now taking shape.  New England could be in for a good one.  We will be close to the edge again while a place like D.C. as shown above will somehow avoid the snowfall.  Here are predicted totals (Late Monday night - Early Tuesday morning).  Take it for what it's worth.


WEEKEND SPORTS

  • In a battle of top four clubs, Manchester United took home a 2-1 win against Liverpool in action early Saturday morning.  That's great and all but what I took from the game was that Manchester United defender Eric Bailly scored an own goal that was so good it confused the graphics guys from NBCSN.



  • The goalie for Charlotte in the AHL scored last night.  Doesn't happen often especially considering he shot it in himself.



  • The MLS is back.  Missed penalty shots happen.  That rebound attempt...ugh.



One of the nice things about living in a more metropolitan area when it comes to running is that there are always new routes to try.  Yesterday before being sidelined by a mild migraine I decided to head for the hills.  Fountain Hill to be exact.  Went from one hill side near the hospital to the other hill side along the ridge of Lehigh mountain then through the Lehigh campus.


After a number of hours with my eyes closed followed by a night of sleep I was also able to get in my first 30 mile ride of 2018.  The weather has been tough especially on a Sunday morning.  That's one thing I won't miss when the warmer weather comes along.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 12, 2018 at 7:03 PM  

RD-Really enjoyed your weather comments and stats...the soccer and hockey videos...and your personal activity map! Your comments and observations are uncommonly so right on target. It's fun reading your blog and I never get tired of it. Keep posting stuff!
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP