Winter Weather Advisory

Race Update

>> Thursday, September 8, 2011

Reading- 12.68 inches
Philadelphia- 23.02 inches
Allentown- 19.63 inches
Lancaster- 12.90 inches
Harrisburg- 16.08 inches

Makes you wonder sometimes with all the hysteria leading up to Hurricane Irene, the storm that does the most damage to Berks County and the Lehigh Valley is a tropical storm that makes landfall in Louisiana.  And a hurricane that will not make landfall in the United States has helped to enhance the rain totals that are now pushing 10 inches.  I can put myself down as never would have guessing this.  Almost makes me wonder what the next couple weeks have in store.  It would seem likely that things will really calm down.

Around my area it was your typical September day.  The local school district was closed due to the flooding.  Some schools have been closed or delayed four times in the first two weeks of school due to flooding or power issues.  We were greeted at work by an e-mail letting us know the detoured road leading away from the plant to the south, the road I avoided yesterday, will be closed possibly until next Sunday.  Yes, the Sunday over a week away from today.  And the road I took instead was also flooded and chewed up.  My co-worker informed me as we prepare to head for State College that the open-field parking for Saturday's game will be changed due to fear that if cars park on the swamp-like grass they might not get out.  And one game attendee will miss the big match-up with Alabama because his basement is flooded.  Just a typical once-in-a-hundred-year period.

At this point I am ready to see some clearer days.  Normally I like a cool, rainy day.  This is getting to be too much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP