Winter Weather Advisory

What Is That?

>> Wednesday, September 14, 2011

For a brief moment on Monday I actually thought we were moving towards the beginning of summer.  It was the first time the sun was out in what seemed like weeks, and the warmth hit me like one of those late spring days that the body is not ready for.  But alas, we are not heading in that direction and if you want confirmation, wake up early this weekend. 

Before we can get to one of the nicest weekends we have seen in awhile, some of us yet again had to deal with rain issues.  This is what the National Weather Service map looked like Sunday night.  Virtually all of Berks county was under a Flash Flood Warning as heavy rain slowly moved through.

The rain, which was not quite expected, helped raise totals even higher. As we move through the rest of the month, I will keep a running tab on the right side of the blog with rainfall totals updated after each measurable rainfall.  Hopefully we can slowly move away from this topic.  But even as I write this I can hear the distant sounds of thunder as a line of rain approaches.

Tomorrow brings a very special day for me.  It marks the return of the Hydrometeorlogical Center's winter weather page.  I can already feel the chill in the air and can't wait to enjoy some runs in the snow. 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  September 15, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

RD - I really like your blog and how you maintain it. Your comments are interesting and fun. Wish you would get linked into other web sites or other blogs so people can see the quality work you are doing!

While I'm not looking forward to winter, the brisk 'fall' air scheduled for this week will be a welcomed change. But I do like the summer heat!

DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP