Winter Weather Advisory

Accu Update

>> Thursday, December 1, 2011

Felt like I had to share this as Accuweather decided to update their original winter season predictions.  Personally I feel like this is just a way to continually change what was originally stated so they can eventually go back and say at some point they had it right.  Of course it's right when it's changed every two weeks.

If you click on the label below the comments that says 2011-12 Forecast, it will bring up all the posts that have to deal with predictions for this year.  As of now it is only my original prediction and the ones that the locals from Philadelphia stated.  I invite you to go back and what I wrote before anybody else stated anything.  And also look at the pictures I posted from the Accuweather site.


Now look at the map.





















 - From the Winter Forecast Update:
In the updated forecast, near-normal lake-effect snow will fall around the eastern Great Lakes. However, snow amounts could still end up above normal in this zone from storms cutting away from the coastal Northeast.

With a storm track farther north and west compared to last year, snowfall will be near to below normal for the highly populated I-95 corridor, including Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, New York City and Boston. Stormy weather is still expected, but there will be more events with a wintry mix or a changeover to rain.

Funny.  They weren't saying this a couple weeks ago.  And they also predicted higher than normal snowfall for PHI and NYC.

Maybe they have started to read this site?

________________________________________________________

By the way snow haters, took a look at the long range for the next two weeks and see at this time no chance for snow.  There are two chances for good rains but both have warm air out in front (like I said in my original prediction would happen).  Of course sandwiched in the middle is a shot of cold air.  

2 comments:

Anonymous,  December 2, 2011 at 8:59 AM  

RD-I'm old and confused...where do I click to see the pictures from the Accuweather site?

DJG

r. david December 2, 2011 at 5:14 PM  

Just find the labels on the right side and click on 2011-12 Forecast. It has the past articles I have put up including what Accuweather originally said.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP