Winter Weather Advisory

Lake Effect

>> Thursday, December 12, 2013

As I finished up my last post and headed to the NWS site I noticed much of central PA has had winter watches posted.  I would expect the same for much of our area by mid morning tomorrow.

Also of note are the updated snow totals from the Tuesday event.  Allentown did well.  Reading tries.  Logically there would be another report since there was accumulating snow this morning in most places.  I know Allentown already reported something and Reading should have tallied close to a half inch as there was a decent amount of snow on the ground when I woke up and was snowing quite hard as I left.  We will see what happens.  I will guess they report nothing.

I promised snow totals from the lakes and dagnabbit I deliver.  Again only places that report show up on the map.  I saw two areas that reported 44 inches.

I turned off the color shading that normally appears indicating varying results.  Numbers are all you need to see here.  This is the last 48 hours.



Notice Syracuse at the bottom of the map and the reports in that area.  Head north on 81 to the first yellow number in Pulaski at 14 inches.  For comparison that is like driving from Reading to Allentown.  The plateau region numbers are the areas like 20, 25, 28 and 35.  Those are the ares that generally see 200-300 inches of snow.  There are also very few people that live there.

Hey just for fun take a look at what the area is expecting from tonight into tomorrow. 


There you go.  That's how to make a call.  Anywhere from 6 to 18 inches depending on where the bands lay down the heaviest.  In three days somebody will get 60 inches of snow.  Now that's lake living.

Here is something amusing.  All our talk about the storm on Saturday will also be moving into this region of New York.  Except they will expect around 3-6 inches which as you can see will be like getting a day off from the lake machine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP