Winter Weather Advisory

Year One

>> Friday, February 26, 2016

On this date one year ago I was handed the keys to the place I currently reside.  It had been a long time coming.  Sort of.  After being the the lone family member exiled to Berks County at an early age I knew I wanted to return to the Lehigh Valley when I got older.  Bethlehem always held a special place for various reasons.  The town became so synonymous with memories I virtually closed the book on visiting for years.  An after work run in July of 2014 through the city changed everything.  I knew at that moment where I wanted to live.

This morning while waiting to leave for work at the very specific time of 7:12, I stood in front of my living room window admiring the view.  I wondered aloud when would I get sick of it.  The answer, not anytime soon.

I've felt as though I've lived here for years.  In some ways I guess I have.  I attended the first ever Musikfest, skated at the ice rink when it was literally outside and entertained myself on a porch near the high school by counting cars that went by.  It also helps that the town is filled with an abundance of events.  I'd list ones I've experienced over the past year, but it would take awhile and I would still miss a few.  The great thing about the area is there is so much more to explore.  I've only scraped the surface.  With a year under my belt the idea now is to continue to get out there.  Not only the events surrounding Main Street but the entire area.  Whether it is the numerous musical performances or plays or historical tours or museums or dinner parties or running events I will be taking it all in.  From Bethlehem to Allentown to Easton or the small towns in-between.  All while I document it on here.

Of course there will always be the weather posts.  I didn't expect to get a 30 inch snowstorm within the year I arrived.  That will be saved for the weather recap when this winter season ends.

There is plenty of time for fun.  Tonight will be for relaxing.  No better way to celebrate than watch the Edmonton Oilers pull out a victory later this evening.  On second thought, not even my move could turn that team around.  20 games to go and sitting solidly in last place.  Let's shoot for two goals tonight and work up from there.  

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 27, 2016 at 7:41 AM  

RD-Very nice...and sentimental...post. We're glad you're in Bethlehem! It holds a lot of good memories and experiences for me, too.

The important thing is that you're happy where you live and the opportunities you have. Enjoy where you live and enjoy life!

Looking forward to reading other blogs...besides the weather...about your life in the Lehigh Valley.

With respect and admiration,
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP