Winter Weather Advisory

Not Quite

>> Monday, August 1, 2011

My last post predicted some pretty unpredictable things. And while I didn't get either right, I can take some comfort in knowing I wasn't far off.

Back on July 16th I said it would hit 90 in Reading every day through the rest of the month. That would have been 15 straight days of 90. Two days failed to hit the mark, leaving me just short. And if it wasn't for that drenching Monday last week, Reading would have been well short of the one inch mark I was looking for.

I take some satisfaction in at least being accurate for Reading, the area I discussed two weeks ago. You see, Allentown went five days in a row without hitting 90 during that span and also ended July with an impressive 3.94 inches of rain. Even Philadelphia missed 90 more than Reading did and finished with half an inch more of rain.

Now that August has begun, the tropics are becoming more active and storms will start to develop quickly. It's safe to say that August will not be as warm as July, nor as dry for Reading at least. And before you know it, the leaves will start to fall and the air will be dry and cool.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP