Winter Weather Advisory

Late Start

>> Friday, January 23, 2015

The snow has already begun to fall in the next named nor'easter.  It's been a quiet January so far as snowstorms have been hard to come by while the cold air has been settled in.

By the time morning arrives most of this storm will have already moved past.  I'll take a good snowstorm but the majority of this one is going to take place during sleeping hours.  Like every storm before it and after it, everything will come down to how the storm tracks.  I've actually been surprised at the totals that are floating around out there on this one. 

Some have the area in 1-3.  Our official advisory is 3-5.  The Weather Channel has been consistently pushing 5-8.  Not only that but I'm a bit surprised that a winter storm watch hasn't been issued.  We had an advisory for the snow Wednesday and that was around an inch or two.  I know there are official protocols but after the debacle last weekend I would think there would be a push for something.  Advisory doesn't come across very well for me.  I follow the weather very closely and I had no idea that there was a chance for ice last Sunday.  Neither did a lot of other people out driving that morning.  The road crews didn't either.  All of a sudden that morning popped up freezing rain advisories.  Well when there are hundreds of accidents involving at times dozens of cars I think advisory goes out the window. 

Since maps at this time are relatively pointless the only thing I can do is take my randomly educated guess at what the final totals will be before a recap at a later unknown date.  Plus I still can't figure out where the newly improved GFS maps went to look at storms before they hit.  But I do have the short term and European.  Which by the way, the clipper on Sunday has consistently missed us to the south on the models so I'm not going to even touch that one at this point.

Allentown - 4.9 inches

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP