Winter Weather Advisory

Winter Storm What??

>> Thursday, October 27, 2011

I must admit I almost fell off the couch when I came home and turned on the weather.  All I wanted to see what the current temperature for my usual Thursday run.  Instead I was stunned.  Winter Storm Watch posted for my area for Saturday.  And all I wanted was a flurry!

I've had some time to reflect and remember a big piece of advice I gave myself last winter.  Never get excited until it is happening.  There is still 36 hours before this storm arrives.  At the moment expected accumulations for our area are shocking to say the least.  Especially considering that when I woke up this morning I believe the exact forecast for Saturday was few showers.  Fast forward and we are talking up to half a foot depending on location. 

However, I refuse to buy into this just yet.  A slight track west and the snow moves with it.  Doesn't mean we won't see anything but I have a feeling these numbers (below) will head quickly downhill by this time tomorrow.


Again, I am more amazed by that date in the corner.  October 27th.  And here we see the predictions of five to six inches across much of the area except 95 and suburbs.  It's almost like I was just talking about this.  I'm glad I got my winter prediction in the week of a potential snow event.  Never saw that one coming. 

To keep track of this progressing event, I will try and post the same snowfall forecast (from the National Weather Service by the way) tomorrow morning before work.  Honest opinion here.  I expect to see ones or twos in the Berks and Lehigh areas by tomorrow night.  Don't care.  I would take a coating in October.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  October 28, 2011 at 7:56 AM  

RD-I'd be willing to be that the local weather people are predicting the 'worst case' scenario...just to see if we're paying attention.
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP