Winter Weather Advisory

Weekend Watcher

>> Thursday, February 14, 2013

I didn't get to post before the last system made a pass through our area.  It was probably better I didn't.  The moisture was there and it even made it further north than anticipated.  The temperatures were an issue as the short term runs had continued to state.  The highest totals for our area topped out at three inches and all that was left behind for us this morning was a really pretty picture of a layer of snow covering everything.

Now quickly on to the weekend.  Here we go again.  First it showed up as a large storm.  Then it progressively tracked further and further east to the point it looked like it was gone.  Hold up.  All of the sudden a new little low formed and we are back talking about the potential of another little snowfall this season.  By the way, if you remember back before the winter started I said I was going to keep track of what percent of our final snow totals came from coastal storms.  I never even started to try.  It took about two storms before I realized there is no way I can figure it out.

I see no scenario for our area to be heavily impacted by this storm.  Could we see two inches?  Yes.  Will we?  No.  Are you sick of me answering my own questions?

The long term run doesn't show a heck of a lot on Saturday.  It doesn't even show it becoming much of a storm at all for anybody.  Actually Maine might catch it as well as parts of Canada.  The short term run is updating right now so give me a few paragraphs before I share.  

20 minutes later and we take a look.  Whole lot of nothing with that run.  To the point you could forget about posting any type of snow map at all. 
_____________________________________________________________________

NEXT WEEK

Like most coastal storms it will fly northward slamming perhaps St. John's again in some capacity and usher in a fresh batch of cold air for Sunday before temps rebound.

Looks like a wet Tuesday night with the advancement of a cold front that will knock temps back a little bit again.  No chance of snow for that one.

Interesting look to next Friday.  A low cuts across the middle of the country before swinging north towards Michigan.  Except a completely new low forms near the coast.  So there is cold air to the west of the first low, cold air to the west of the second low and a pocket of warm air up from the south in between the two.  Something to at least keep an eye on for now.

I at least can say the pattern remains active for more wintry weather. 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM  

RD-do I like reading your weather blog? Yep

Do I mind you answering your own questions? Nope

The weekend looks like we'll be getting some snow, but don't know how much yet. I'm OK with a little snow (2-3") at a time. Easier to shovel my driveway.

See if you can arrange for more weather like today...hight 40's and plentiful sunshine.

BTW-what's the weather going to be line in South Carolina at the end of March?

DJg

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP