Winter Weather Advisory

Hello Spring

>> Monday, March 21, 2011

and Welcome Back Winter!  For those of us who enjoyed the weekend, remember the sun and warm breeze?, well I'd recommend getting the most out of tomorrow because even the 50's are taking a vacation.

Saturday seems like a distant memory.  It's as if the first warm up of the season brings everybody out, including me getting in a little basketball.  Fast forward to Monday morning, less than 72 hours after temps were in the 70's and winter weather advisories are posted, schools are delayed and sleet and snow is waiting on cars of commuters.  Better on a Monday than on Saturday I guess.  And the rest of the week isn't looking too great either.

If it makes you feel better, we are not alone in battling winter again.  The west was pounded with another storm that brought heavy rain to the valleys and heavy snow to the mountains.  They are at least use to late season snow.  Now winter storm warnings are posted from Montana to Michigan for heavy snow. 

Here is a map showing the swath of snow.  The red circle shows areas that have more than a 70% chance of receiving at least four inches.  Seems funny to see how close that swath gets to our area.

I'm not sure I can ever recall seeing chances of snow and sleet this deep into the season.  And I'm very confident that this will be the last chance we get this year.  This storm has been on the map, with chances for snow, for it seems like months.  Our area will dodge most of the wintry side of things, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some advisories posted for the simple reason that people aren't expecting this kind of weather.
On a personal note, while I will have to keep the basketball inside a little longer, I can't say I'm upset to see the cool air and snow come back.  I've got to hang on to every little piece I can before the warm air returns.

Since the weather is taking a turn for the worse, I thought I should end the blog on a high note for those of us looking forward to the warmer temps to arrive and stay.


Average high for the first 8 days of April:     57.6
Average high for the first 8 days of April last year:  80.6

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP