Winter Weather Advisory

Wet and Coolish

>> Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Afternoon

Fun:  Running in a mild and steady rain
Not Fun:  Trying to fix a computer problem that I had nothing to do with

So apparently when you shut down your computer and exit the internet, (in this case Firefox) the automatic updates that we so frequently disregard can actually affect your computer.  I went on this morning to find everything working perfectly.  Went for my run, came home to watch the Flyers stink it up on national TV and boom, internet doesn't work.  Instinctively I go to my bread and butter.  I open a different internet browser and type in the exact problem phrase I am getting and look for other people with the same problem.  Four hours later through all the computer mumbo jumbo, interface jargon and the rest of the terminology, I have fixed the very basic issue.  So if you ever have an issue where your internet "isn't able to connect," let me know.

I'm not sure if I lost any posts from this blog through all of this today as I also did a system restore.  It doesn't seem like I would have had such a big gap between posts, but maybe it was.  On to the rain and spring outlook as I have a lot to catch up on. 

I have been saying for awhile that looking at the models, these rain events where coming in with a lot of moisture and today is no exception.  I want to use another model I have recently added to my model ammo.  This is the precipitation forecast from this morning for the next 15 hours.

 The orange is 2 inches, the pink is upwards of 3


And for those of us who are still hoping that winter makes a return, well, you don't have to travel too far.

Those oranges in northern PA through Syracuse are in the 10+ inch range



I also wanted to throw up an Accuweather map for the spring outlook.  Normally these would be made by Joe Bastardi, who left a few weeks ago after more than 30 years with the company and has still made no plans on where he is heading. 


There are a couple things of note on here that have little to do with our area though I will touch on it.  The first is the big red circle throughout much of the Ohio Valley and the Mississippi River Valley.  Severe weather is never a good thing and this area is prime for a higher number of tornadoes.  While the area is certainly accustom to outbreaks, they are in a more dangerous area than the central plains due to hills, forests and more popularized locations.  The second area to take note is Texas, Oklahoma and the southwest.  Any time drought is brought up, it isn't good.  Add worsening in front and there will be a lot of people suffering as the months get warmer.  Our area is described as being cool.  Let me clarify.  They are using last spring as comparison.  It will be cooler than last spring.  Otherwise, temps and rainfall are set to be about normal.


Things for us will dry out until Thursday when the next bag of steady rain moves in.  And then maybe, just maybe, we start talking snow again by next week.  Maybe.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  March 7, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

RD-Sorry to hear about your laptop. If you still have problems, take it to your local Best Buy. They have a 'Geek Squad' desk and they will probably be able to help you...for a price. But they're not that expensive and it may be worth it to you.
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP