Winter Weather Advisory

Bye Bye Snow

>> Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It has been so long since I haven't had to cover some sort of storm I don't exactly know what to do with myself.  I figured I'd take a look at the long range forecast which should please many people around the area.

There are two basic things to look at from now until the end of next week.  The first one is temperatures will reach the 50's by February 18th.  Write it down because it will happen.  Secondly, most if not all of the snow will be melted by that weekend.  Kind of an amazing turn around isn't it?

The projected snowstorm that was going to come up the coast is instead hammering away at the southern tier of the country again.  Parts of Oklahoma and Arkansas had over 20 inches of snow.  There are currently winter storm warnings in most of Alabama, Mississippi and the Outer Banks of North Carolina.  I'm glad I'm keeping this blog so I can look back at it next winter to compare and not say, "we've never seen this before," because that's all I want to keep saying this year.  Anyway, that was the storm I was thinking would flip the pattern.  And even though it won't do anything for our area, it does look like it will cause that flip.

We will have to deal with cooler temperatures until around Sunday, when the 40's arrive and hold.  The other nice thing in the long range is that the models are not showing any kind of precipitation and when precip does move into our area, it will not be cold enough for anything but rain.  That is looking possible sometime around next Friday or that weekend.

I can't rule out a return of winter at some point towards the end of the month when the seasons begin to battle.  A major snowstorm is unlikely (I have to hope or I'll be eating those words) but light snow and ice will still be players.  I think anybody would agree that more winter weather this season is very likely being that it is still the 9th of February.  We will just be getting a much deserved break. 

While we get away from the snow and ice, I will be adding to my other sections on the blog or at least updating them.  After some thought , I decided to move forward and add a page at the top that will deal specifically with the global temperature debate.  It's a touchy subject, but it's also my blog to do as I please.  Any posts made about the subject will show up on that page only and all comments are welcomed regardless of opinion as long as they are in good taste.  I'm always up for a good conversation.

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 10, 2011 at 8:51 AM  

RD-I hope you're right about an 'early spring.' I'm ready for warm weather and yard work.
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP