Winter Weather Advisory

Winter Returns

>> Sunday, February 20, 2011

Anybody remember the summer-like warmth of Friday?  A mere two days later winter watches and warnings are spread out all across the country. 

Heavy snow will hit the Twin Cities and move into Wisconsin and Michigan.  Snow will fall in northern Pennsylvania, much of New York and make a move to New England.  Another system will form giving the chance for snow to Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C.  Areas north and west of the big cities could see a bit of a mess to start with everything from sleet to snow to freezing rain.  And we've learned that it doesn't take much to cause a mess.  The morning we were issued a winter weather advisory for freezing rain turned out to be a much more hazardous day than when we had an ice storm warning.

Forget about the warm temperatures.  They won't be returning anytime soon.  And by any time soon, I'm thinking you won't see another even 50 degree day until mid-march or some time after the second week.  More wintry weather will return with mixes, rains and snows.  Just think of Friday as an early preview of what will eventually come.

As I post some entries, I am working on my first climate entry.  I'm taking my time and adding things here and there.  These won't be frequent posts because they are time consuming, as all post are.  If anything, I'll take it more in the direction of a group discussion whether it be from me, others, science articles or whatever. 

1 comments:

Anonymous,  February 20, 2011 at 11:56 AM  

RD-I didn't want to hear that winter is returning! I want to hear that spring is just around the corner so I can get outside and soak up the rays!
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP