Winter Weather Advisory

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Sunday

>> Sunday, February 6, 2011

What a beautiful day for a run.  Temps in the mid 30's, very light wind and beautiful sunshine.  T-shirt weather for me, with running gloves and a winter cap mind you.  I decided to up my mileage to three today.  With a little help from map my run, I came up with just the route I wanted to take.  A little more than half way in I slowly came up into a new development.  As I continued my track I was caught by the sight.  Ahead of me was a shallow view of the valley floor at its lowest.  The sun glistened off the snow with views of rolling hills in the background.  And all I could think was what a beautiful day for a run. 

The day might not have been as nice for snow lovers.  Yesterday some models were running the late week storm up the coast while others had it going out to sea.  I parked myself at the computer after the midday models came out.  I went through five different ones including the two biggies, the GFS and Euro.  Both out to sea.  I went to others and all out to sea.  This is when the locals come on TV and tell you the models are coming into agreement.  Anything can happen but we went from looking like a potential big storm to potentially nothing.

All the models did agree on the incoming system tomorrow night into Tuesday.  It still looks to me that snow would be the main factor, however it appears that timing will play an important factor with temps rising on Monday.  A few inches (2-3) are possible.  I still want to check the later model runs to see if anything changes.  I will update that after they come out and maybe take a look at the long range forecast. 

In case you missed it, I will say it again.  No maps will be shown of the model predictions, only the public ones will be posted.

__________________________________________________________

8:00 P.M. Update on Thursday-Friday system



As the beloved Harry Kalas would say, Watch this baby outta here!  Good golly, there is even high pressure located over SE PA now.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP