Winter Weather Advisory

Turn of Events

>> Monday, February 21, 2011

Obviously I'm a bit of a weather junkie.  And my favorite place to go is Accuweather whether it be their website, their professional site (which I signed up for until the beginning of March) or the many Facebook pages flooded by constant talk from other junkies like me.  Well their was some major news that dropped tonight that was certainly unexpected.

Senior long range expert, Joe Bastardi, who I'm sure I've mentioned on multiple occasions for his very accurate long term forecasting and his take on global climate is leaving after 32 years.  Their has to be something behind this that I guess I will learn about tomorrow.  He is the focus of the pro site, a service that has to be paid for but has more models than you could ever need.  It's absolutely insane.  I did the free month and will then drop it like a hot potato.  Henry Margusity, who I follow everyday in the winter because his focus is primarily the northeast will apparently be moving to a bigger role on the pro site.  In fact, the story broke on his Facebook fan page that I look at every night when I get home.

Again, I will have to check this out tomorrow but in the world of weather this is like Gretzky being moved.  Bastardi was the face of Accuweather.  I'm almost in shock.  Hopefully things get straightened out because that site is wonderful for stories, maps, video messages and is extremely user friendly.  The experts virtually talk specifically to their followers.  Henry has done live chats during storms on weekends from his house with his followers.  You can't find that stuff anywhere else.  


Enjoy the cold air tomorrow and any snow that falls.  The colder air isn't going anywhere like I mentioned and more snow is in the longer range forecast.  Updates on all of this tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP