Winter Weather Advisory

Advisory # 2

>> Friday, January 8, 2016



So I did a little calculation after my evening run tonight.  Turns out I live roughly 500 yards away from the Northampton County border.  Which means that in certain situations like the one above, I technically do not live in the area under an advisory.  If you look at Lehigh County you will notice a small section juts into Northampton County.  Within that little appendage I live about as far to the bottom and the right as you can get.  The image below should help.



If I look out my window while standing in my kitchen I see Fountain Hill and the hospital located in Lehigh County.  While I sit on my couch I see Northampton County.  That's how close the line is.  Luckily for me I get to then experience all sorts of weather since it's common knowledge weather is bounded by imaginary lines.  This advisory in place is just to be cautious.  Aside from higher elevations I don't see there being much wintry weather.

I didn't expect any this morning either.  As I watched out my window I noticed a bank of fog hovering over Lehigh.  It was sort of odd.  When I got to my parking lot it was misting which caught me a bit by surprise.  I got in the car and turned the wipers on to clear the light coat of water, and I turned the windshield into a thin layer of ice.  Okay.  So off I went not thinking much of it.  The mist continued lightly.  I again hit the wipers and again instant layer of ice.  This was new.  It only lasted a few miles before I cleared the cloud.  Turns out the temperature was 31 degrees.  Having just got into my car it wasn't warm enough to melt the water.  So all my wipers were doing were spreading little drops of mist onto the rest of the windshield like cake icing and freezing it.  Can't say I recall that before.

Storm Update # 1:  Shockingly the latest model has the storm missing us and going off the coast.  There is the update.  Keep waiting and watching to see what happens.

** In other news I am officially putting the word out there that the chances of seeing accumulating snow next week are on the rise.  It's nothing even remotely significant but enough to be measurable and coat the ground with some of the white stuff.











1 comments:

Anonymous,  January 10, 2016 at 9:21 AM  

RD-Sorry the maps and your prediction were slightly off, but . . . yeah! A small amount of accumulation is OK. Just no snow storms over 12" thank you.

I also liked the Lehigh County map. Never knew where some of those places on the map really were.

DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP