Winter Weather Advisory

Another Near Miss

>> Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I've never really been on-board for this storm, which for a snow lover like me is difficult to say.   Even last night when I saw the model, my feeling was we were not going to see a lot of snow.  Looking at the models as I just got home reassures my belief in that if anything, we will see less than anticipated.

The ingredients are sitting on the table and the oven is heating.  The only problem is dinner is going to be half an hour later than we thought and we forgot the potatoes.  We still get to eat but won't be as full.  That's what this storm is like.  It's still going to snow, but the storm will develop later.  Instead of getting hammered like our friends in southern New England, we will get a dusting (compared to there.)

There is not enough time to make a detailed snow map for this storm and quite frankly I don't think I'd even want to try at this point.  The models are still playing around and the supposed massive storm has yet to form and it's almost 5:30.  Instead I'm going to take a wild stab at things and give totals for the three cities in our area.

Reading:  4.7 inches

Allentown:  5.5 inches

Bethlehem:  6.1 inches

Let's see how it plays out.  I might try to get a post in tonight, but after days of watching the models, I think I'm just gonna kick back and watch it snow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP