Winter Weather Advisory

Models Consistent

>> Wednesday, January 5, 2011

It seems like all systems are just about a go with this minor storm that will impact the area on Friday.  The 18z GFS model is still very much in line with the run 24 hours prior.  So basically, if you read my post from yesterday, the same thing applies today.

Quick recap:

We could start to see snow Friday morning, probably not anything to worry about for the morning commute but it does seem to be earlier than I first thought.  Low develops (according to the last NAM model) almost right over Manhattan and kicks back a solid, narrow swath of snow from western Long Island to Albany.  Snow exists our area by Friday night.

Here is my snow map.  Don't think I will need to change this too much by tomorrow if at all.

 
I am not focusing on the areas that are not shaded.  I have enough to look at in our vicinity to worry about other locations.  This is the type of system, like many, that will have some pretty fine lines of heavier snowfall and lesser amounts.  That is what I wanted to try and show with this map.

Once this system departs, all eyes will be on the next storm approaching from the south for Tuesday and Wednesday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP