Winter Weather Advisory

Quick Post

>> Monday, January 24, 2011

This is the type of storm you don't mess with too early.  Tonight was still too early.  If you had asked me a couple days ago, I would have said anywhere from 10 to 12 inches of snow.  Ask me again this morning and I would have thought that mixing would really limit amounts.  Then the NAM model came out a couple minutes ago and...............................


If you were going to go by this prediction you could throw the mixing and rain right out the window.  When I used a co-worker's phone at lunch today, there was a chance it would turn into rain in our area.  Forget about snow in Philly and the coast.  All of a sudden, things are completely different.  This image would show heavy snow in Philadelphia, the Valley, New Jersey and New York City.  Mind you, with higher temperatures, this is also going to be a heavy snow to shovel. 

I still can't make any calls on this storm but I'm much closer to my original call of 10 inches.  Still a lot of factors between now and Wednesday morning that could change but with less than 48 hours to go, this is when things start to take shape.  If you like snow, the shape above is beautiful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP