Winter Weather Advisory

Snowy Saturday Surprise

>> Friday, January 7, 2011

Before we get into the surprising system that will bring snow tomorrow, I want to take a brief recap of what happened today.  The first thing I have to point out is that I was about as wrong as I could be about the timing.  Anybody commuting between 6 and 7 this morning (like I was) realized it wasn't the best.  On the plus side of things, I'm very pleased with my snowfall map considering it was made two days prior.  Even if you look at my boundary line in our area, I couldn't have drawn it any better.

Allentown reported 1.7 inches.  (Predicted 1-2)
Bethlehem reported 2.6 inches.  (Predicted 2-4)

I have yet to find one location in Berks County that has reported anything.  Even Reading has not had an official report which is pretty typical.

_____________________________________________________

On to round two.  Wow!  Who saw this one coming?  The answer would be nobody.  Not even 24 hours after the last storm passed through, another very similar scenario will unfold tomorrow.  The only real difference is the snow totals will be the complete opposite.  Instead of the heavier amount being to the north, they will be to the south and east.  

Here is what I have for the system.


At this point I think I'd be more in line to stay with the lower end totals for our area, meaning more like a coating in the Lehigh Valley and maybe an inch or two in Berks.  South Jersey and Delaware are still looking to be in a pretty decent spot for accumulations.

As of right now every county south and west of Lehigh county is under some sort of winter weather watch.  Points north of Allentown, as of this writing do not have any advisories, though that could change by morning. 

The snow should be moving in by mid to late morning with varying levels of intensity.  Again, the map above is based off of where the heavier snow is expected to fall so at times these areas could get a period of heavy snow.  Like today, it should leave pretty quickly.

I'd like to try and get an update in during the morning before the storm in case anything has changed.  If not, I will report totals afterward.   

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP