Winter Weather Advisory

Quick Snow Map

>> Thursday, January 20, 2011


The post time for this entry will say around 7 p.m. but that is only for the map above.  I just wanted to get that on here before the snow actually arrived.  

A Winter Weather Advisory is posted for everybody in the area.  In fact the entire state of Pennsylvania has an advisory.  You won't see that often.  I do need to explain my map briefly.  This is a very general map.  It also isn't the easiest thing to draw.  So to make things easier for myself I try to keep within pretty basic lines.  The green that I have shown is only to represent that some locations will border on the six inch mark.  I don't know exactly where they will be.  I kept with my 3-5 forecast that I've been saying for 3 days.  From what I've seen (and it hasn't been much) the local mets are going with 2-4.  I like to be different.  The pink swath in south Jersey is a stretch by a mile, but again, I just went with lines.

If you take anything away from this map it should be that there is going to be a large area of 3-5 inches, 2-4 towards the southern part of the region and a pocket or two of six inch totals.  

As far as the other factors, snow should move in and start by 10 tonight for most of the area.  As of 8:30 here in central Berks, it is still not snowing.  Like many of these past storms, the snow should be gone by the morning rush and whatever is on the ground will be very light.  This is not a back breaking event.

___________________________________________________________

Brace for the cold air this weekend.  It is going to be nasty outside.  In fact, some locations in our area will hover near 0 degrees.  There is another storm showing up on the long range models for next Tuesday.  I really only bring that up because after the snowfall tomorrow morning, the last 4 events will have occurred on consecutive Tuesday's and Friday's.  As of right now the models have it to our south anyway.


2 comments:

Anonymous,  January 21, 2011 at 8:06 AM  

RD - I like your map and explanation. We here in the Glen Gardner, NJ area received 3" maybe 4" of snow last night.
Keep up the good work!
DJG

Anonymous,  January 21, 2011 at 2:41 PM  

RD - I was premature in telling you how much snow we received. When I went outside to shovel, I realized that we actually received 5-6" of snow! We're NOT looking forward to the frigid temperatures this weekend!
DJG

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Webnolia by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP